ABOUT THE COMPANY:Bamboobino was started by Sharon at Daydreams Designs, and is located in Vancouver, British Columbia. The company was born out of wanting the softest, most practical, and safest fabric for her children. Ever since she discovered a love for bamboo she wanted to share with others about bamboo and how wonderful it is.
The viscose from bamboo fiber in all their products is Oeko-Tex 100 certified, and is made from OCIA & USDA-certified organically grown bamboo. The organic cotton is also OCIA-certified. All of their products are made locally in Vancouver, or sourced through local companies, and they use local suppliers whenever possible.
website, Blog, Facebook Fan Page, or their Twitter page!
Bamboobino is the home to everything Bamboo. They carry everything from hooded bath towels with wash cloths, socks, mittens, hats, and bamboo nursing pads for mama plus much more! They even carry a Bamboo baby gift basket (includes a hooded enclosed wrap for baby, after-bath hat (nb-6m), 2 washcloths & a 6" baby-safe plush panda beautifully wrapped in a bamboo basket.) Perfect for any baby shower gift.
Sharon over at Bamboobino was wonderful enough to send us the oh so soft Bamboo crib sheet for us to review. I am in love with bamboo! I have never found any fabric item made out of bamboo that is not amazingly soft and great quality!! As soon as I got the package in the mail I tore it open and put it on my little mans bed.......it is so soft and comfy that if my sons crib would have been big enough for two I think that I might have joined him for a nap! It fits perfect on his mattress and actually stays on. It is also easy to put on while you are half awake and groggy during the night. Washing it just makes it softer and all spills/stains that are on it when it goes into the wash come right off. It is the most comfortable crib sheet that I have ever felt and my little man sleeps like a baby on it.
When we had our first baby I had bought a knit cotton crib sheet for my sons bed. I absolutely HATED it after I started using it. It didn't stay on the mattress, was super thin cheep fabric and only lasted a few months, and anything that got on it didn't come off when I put it into the wash.......it was forever stained. Bamboo is NOTHING like that. The crib sheet is extremely good quality, very well made, has nice and thick fabric, and it is very absorbent and wicks moisture away from my little man while he sleeps. I can tell that it will last a LONG time! I know exactly what sheet goes right back on my sons bed right out of the wash!
$20 (Bassinett)/$44 (Crib) CAD
Two sizes to fit standard crib 132cm x 71 cm x 20 cm (52″ x 28″ x 8″) and oval bassinet 81cm x 40.5cm (32″ x 16″) 70% bamboo/30% organic cotton.
Why choose textiles made from viscose from bamboo?
- It's more absorbent than cotton.
- Its cashmere-like softness is great for babies.
- It comfortably wicks moisture away from skin.
- It's hypoallergenic - suitable for newborn's sensitive skin.
- It's easy to care for - all our baby clothes can be machine washed and tumble dried.
- Possesses a property called bamboo kun, that makes it naturally anti-bacterial.
- Grows easily without pesticides or fertilizers.
- Takes in five times the volume of greenhouse gasses as an equivalent stand of timber trees and releases 35% more oxygen.
- Needs no replanting, and its roots retain water in the watershed, sustaining riverbanks and reducing water pollution.
- Is eaten by pandas, but not moso bamboo (phyllostachys pubescen), the species used for making textiles.
- As a plant, bamboo:
WIN ONE HERE!!! Now for the best part!! Sharon over at Bamboobino has offered one (1) Bamboo Crib Sheet to one of my wonderful readers!!
- Mandatory Entry: First you need to be/become a public follower of my blog (on right sidebar- click follow) and then head over to Bamboobino and pick out your favorite product (besides the crib sheet). Come back here and leave me a comment saying that you follow and your favorite item. Make sure to do both parts! (Mandatory entry has to be done before ANY others are valid)
- Subscribe to my blog by e-mail (found on right side of blog-3 entries)
Blog about this giveaway for FIVE extra entries-Make sure that you link back to this giveaway and to Bamboobino on your blog post and leave the link for your post in your comment so that I can verify it if you win.
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet this giveaway (you may tweet twice daily (must be atleast 4 hours apart) for extra entries- leave a comment for each tweet including the perma-link) Just copy paste from below-
Snuggle your baby in Bamboo while they sleep!
Win a Bamboo Crib Sheet @Bamboobino
@Gravsie3 Enter Here: http://bit.ly/awGQhq
- Enter in my other current giveaways (list on right side bar-1 entry per giveaway)
- Tell me how you found my blog (1 entry)
- Purchase anything from Bamboobino from March 7th-April 5th and recieve 5 extra entries. (This will be verified if you win)
- Become a fan of Bamboobino on Facebook (1 entry)
- Follow Bamboobino on twitter (1 entry)
- Follow Bamboobino's blog publicly (1 entry)