Thursday, April 29, 2010

11 Weeks and tiny little kicks

So this week I am 11 weeks along. I wasnt expecting to feel tiny little kicks for a while because I didn't feel monkey until I was 4 1/2 months along.  I had my suspicions for a few days that I was feeling kicks......but the little babe has made me super gassy (tmi?) :) so I was never to sure if the "kicks" were just gas or actually my little babe. The other night I was laying in bed and I am 100% sure that I felt little kicks!!! Three times it kicked me.....I was so excited!

It is so amazing to me that I can feel a baby that is a just about 2 inches long kicking my insides......and people say that they are "not a baby" at that point!!! I am just starting to show......if you didnt know that I was pregnant you would think that I just have a little extra belly......but I can definately tell that I am starting to show. I need to try and get my first belly shot!
------------------------------------------

Your baby is starting to have sleeping and waking cycles, usually between 5 and 10 minutes long. You might even wake her if you cough! Your baby's body and limbs are now growing faster than her head, and she looks more and more like a tiny person. Most of her movements will be in her limbs as she starts to test her muscles, perhaps even kicking with her feet.
Your baby's ovaries are fully formed by now if she's a girl; if your baby is a boy, his testicles and scrotum are developed. However, it's still too early to distinguish your baby's sex on an ultrasound.
What else is happening? Your baby's organs are finalizing their shapes and functions. The development of her lung tissue is nearly complete, and although your circulatory system is still bringing nutrients and oxygen to your baby, her own blood supply is starting to get into the act. Meanwhile, glands in her pancreas are producing insulin and starch, and her intestines are starting to form folds in preparation for the day she'll digest food on her own.
Your baby's skin is starting to thicken as it acquires layers and becomes more opaque. Tiny hair follicles are appearing below the surface of her skin. Her jaw is starting to harden, and she has her first tooth buds, which will grow into tiny baby teeth. Her vocal cords are beginning to form too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, reading, and commenting on my blog. If you are entering a giveaway please make sure that you leave your e-mail address in your comment.

Contact Information & Disclosure Policy

Want to see your product featured here? Monkey Tales is a PR-friendly site. Please contact me at (contactmonkeytales@gmail.com) if you would like to see your product or service on my blog! We are always open to new things.

Please read our disclosure policy below for more information.

This policy is valid from February 1st, 2010

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact contactmonkeytales@gmail.com.


At this point in time this blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, this policy is subject to change at any time without prior notice. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

If you would like to see your product or service honestly reviewed and featured or to sponsor a giveaway, please contact us at contactmonkeytales@gmail.com