, mother owned and operated, company that is based out of Boston, Massachusetts. They opened their doors back in January of 2003 and have a HUGE selection of great high quality products. Every product that they carry caters specifically to Mama and Baby. They carry everything from cloth diapers and accessories, to high quality toys, an assortment of baby carriers, baby bedding, nursing products, menstrual pads, and baby care products. If you need it.....she probably has it!
Thanks Mama makes a point to look for the best products out there that are as environmentally friendly as possible, while still being useful, good quality, and easy to use. They keep adding more and more products to their store as more "green" options come on to the market.
For the mama's (or Dad's) out there that are wanting to try out cloth diapers, but don't exactly know what kind of diapers that you like, this is the place for you! Thanks Mama has sampler packs of diapers that you can buy. They come in all different size packs of assorted brands of diapers so that you can find out exactly what kind of diaper you like. Once you find the diaper that works perfectly she has diaper packages that come with anywhere from 3-24 diapers for a great package discount. Also if you are wanting to switch from disposables to cloth diapers she has some great information on her site about the different styles and types of diapers that are out there. Go HERE for her in depth list of cloth diaper types and styles.
Thanks Mama also has a rewards program. Every time you make a purchase with Thanks Mama, you'll receive points based on the total of your purchase amount. Your available rewards will automatically be deducted from the total purchase amount the next time that you shop. It is a great way to save on your next purchase or maybe even get some free diapers. Every 200 points you earn equals $10 worth of store credit. So the more you buy, the more you save!!!
Helena over at Thanks Mama was wonderful enough to send us a GroBaby One Size Cloth diaper to review. GroBaby diapers are designed to minimize waste and cost. You don't have to have as many diapers because the cover of the diaper is reusable, and you have to wash fewer times since the cover can be used more than once.When your baby is wet just un-snap the insert from the diaper and snap in a new one. After the diaper has been used a few times (or if it gets poopy) just shake out the solids and throw the diaper into your dry pail.
Pocket Opening: This diaper doesn't have a pocket opening for inserts. It has snap in inserts so that you can re-use the cover more than once before washing.
Fit and Adjustability: This diaper fits my son great. Right now he weighs about 30lbs and he still has room left in the waist and legs to grow. It has never left red marks on his legs or waist and we havn't had any leaking problems. He is on the largest snap setting, but still has a while before he will grow out of the diaper.
The diaper comes with:
1-Organic Cotton Snap-In Soaker Pad
1-Organic Cotton Booster
1-Organic Cotton Snap-In Soaker Pad
1-Organic Cotton Booster
Rise: I love that the waist is high enough so that my little man doesn't get a plumbers crack. I hate it when diapers are so low that Monkeys tush sticks right out the top of his diaper. What is the use in that......it is not going to keep the poo in! It fits nice and snug without leaving red marks on his waist and keeps everything inside.
Sizing: This diaper is made to fit from birth to potty training. I am not quite sure if it will actually fit my son all of the way to potty training though. He has a while before he grows out of it, but I don't think that there is enough room left since he is already on the largest snap setting.
Snaps or Velcro: Available in both snaps and velcro
Colors: Available in 9 different color options, 5 solid colors and 4 prints.
Price: $$$24.95 (add $2 if you want prints)
Material Used: The outer diaper is made out of PUL on the outside and a quick dry inner mesh for the lining. The inserts are made out of 6 layers of certified organic cotton. They are very soft and absorbent, and work well for every day use. It also comes with a booster insert for nap time or night time......or if you have a heavy wetter like I do. I am pretty sure that my son could win a contest for how much he pees!!
Care and Use:
GroBaby diapers inserts are made from Organic cotton so they must be washed and dried on hot atleast 3 times prior to your first use. They WILL NOT reach their full absorbency until approximately 6-8 washes. After use, place the soiled soaker pads in your dry pail and snap in a new liner (unless the diaper was poopy....if it was remove as much solids as you can from the diaper and wash both the cover and the inserts.)
- When washing start with a cold rinse (you can do an extra rinse of the diapers are very soiled) and then wash in hot water with half the amount of recommended detergent
- Wash every 2 days.
- Tumble dry or hang outside for extra freshness and to remove stains from your inserts.
- Do NOT use bleach, enzyme cleaners or fabric softeners at any time on your diapers!
(I'll get some pics of my little man in the diaper tomorrow.....he is currently sleeping soundly)
Currently, Thanks Mama is offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders of $60 and above! To get more information you can also follow their blog, Facebook, Twitter, or subscribe to their newsletter for news on upcoming products and events, discounts, and giveaways!
WIN ONE HERE!!! Now for the best part!! Helena over at Thanks Mama has offered one (1) One-Size GroBaby diaper to one of my wonderful readers in their choice of color!!
- Mandatory Entry: First you need to be/become a public follower of my blog (on right sidebar- click follow) and then head over to Thanks Mama and pick out your favorite product (Besides the GroBaby diaper). Come back here and leave me a comment saying that you follow and your favorite item. Make sure to do both parts! (Mandatory entry has to be done before ANY others are valid)
- Subscribe to my blog by e-mail
- Blog about this giveaway for THREE extra entries-Make sure that you link back to this giveaway and to Thanks Mama on your blog post and leave the link for your post in your comment so that I can verify it if you win)
- Tell me how you found my blog (1 entry)
- Grab my blog button (1 entry-on right side bar)
- Follow me on Twitter AND Thanks Mama and tweet this giveaway (you may tweet twice daily-must be at least 4 hours apart) for extra entries- leave a comment for each tweet including the perma-link) Just copy paste from below-
"WIN a GroBaby One Size Diaper
from @ThanksMama and @Gravsie3
Enter Here: http://bit.ly/cU1AUC (Ends 4/30)"
- Enter in my other current giveaways (list on left side bar-1 entry per giveaway)
- Purchase anything from Thanks Mama from April 8th-April 30th and recieve 5 extra entries. (This will be verified if you win)
- Become a fan of Thanks Mama on Facebook(1 entry)
- Follow Thanks Mama's Blog Publicly (1 entry)
- Leave a relevant comment on any non-giveaway post (1 entry per comment-tell me which post you commented on)