Monday, June 21, 2010

***Happy Heinys Review***


Thanks Mama is marvelous, mother owned and operated, company that is based out of Boston, Massachusetts.  They opened their doors back in January of 2003 and have a HUGE selection of great high quality products.  Every product that they carry caters specifically to Mama and Baby.  They carry everything from cloth diapers and accessories, to high quality toys, an assortment of baby carriers, baby bedding, nursing products, menstrual pads, and baby care products. If you need it.....she probably has it! 

Thanks Mama makes a point to look for the best products out there that are as environmentally friendly as possible, while still being useful, good quality, and easy to use. They keep adding more and more products to their store as more "green" options come on to the market.


For the mama's (or Dad's) out there that are wanting to try out cloth diapers, but don't exactly know what kind of diapers that you like, this is the place for you!  Thanks Mama has sampler packs of diapers that you can buy. They come in all different size packs of assorted brands of diapers so that you can find out exactly what kind of diaper you like. Once you find the diaper that works perfectly she has diaper packages that come with anywhere from 3-24 diapers for a great package discount. Also if you are wanting to switch from disposables to cloth diapers she has some great information on her site about the different styles and types of diapers that are out there. Go HERE for her in depth list of cloth diaper types and styles.  

 Helena over at Thanks Mama was wonderful enough to send us a Happy Heinys AIO diaper for review.

Our Review:
(This review was written by my sister-in-law since she tested it on her 8 month old daughter)

I got to try this diaper on my 8-month old daughter. It was the pocket one-size diaper with snaps and in a nice dark green PUL.  I thought the color was great (and they have LOTS more solids and patterns to choose from!) and different from the usual “baby” colors. The one-size feature allows for 4 different sizes, and around the waist the double row of 8 snaps allow for plenty of adjustment, even angling the snaps instead of lining them up straight to allow for differences in thighs and waist sizes. The PUL seems like a great quality, and the elastic around the legs and back seems strong with just enough give. What I loved about it from the first touch was how incredibly soft the micro fleece is! It is special custom milled, and they make sure that that softness is the only thing touching baby’s skin, even around the legs. The inserts are of the same material, and you get one large and one small, which you can put in together for extra absorbency for overnight.
That is what I did, first thing was to test it first overnight. Unfortunately, the diaper had not been prepped like I thought (it only takes one wash to prep, which is nice), so we had major leaks. But when I tried it again after prepping, there were still leaks. The reason is that my daughter is very slender, and with all the bulk of the double inserts, it pulled the elastic away from her thighs, and made a gap for leaks. I tried it with just the large insert folded to fit and give more absorbency in the front-middle, but there were still leaks. All this to say, though this diaper is supposed to fit babies 8-35 pounds, they need to be chubby in the legs or you will have some leaks.
Basically, I wanted so much to adore this diaper because it is so great, but I could not completely because it was not right for my particular baby’s build.
Here is my list of pros and cons for this diaper:
Pros:
The look and option of colors and patterns is fabulous.
The feel is the softest I have felt, both the lining and the inserts, and even the outer PUL is soft. I also read someone else’s review that said because of how soft the inserts were, she used the diaper  more like a cover, laying the inserts in and replacing them when wet, so that she only had to take one cover and 5 inserts with her, making her diaper bag much less bulky and pocket book a little heavier! Isn’t that a great idea?! I want to try it!
The pocket is nice and large for stuffing and I did not have trouble with the insert coming out the back like I was worried it would from the look of it.
Nice and stretchy PUL and plenty of snap settings to get the perfect fit
This is a OS diaper that will truly get you through potty training!
Cons:
On the flip side of the OS feature, I personally feel this diaper was too bulky for a newborn or little baby.
I did have leaks in the legs because of a smaller-build baby
The snaps for the OS feature should be made of stronger ones than the closure snaps, as every time I tried to change my wiggly daughter, they came undone when I was trying to close the diaper 
 I think because it is such a great diaper in so many ways I was still left slightly disappointed because I expected better performance. I think this diaper would be a great choice for chunkier, older babies, and it seems like it will serve you well through potty training.  

Thanks so much to Thanks Mama for providing this diaper for review!

1 comment:

  1. I have not started CD'ing yet (babe due in Sept!) but through my obsessive research, I can tell you that this review is consistent with the testimonies of HH that I've heard all around -- bulky and leaks. I hope to try one anyway, though, if one is given to me. But it is not in my stash yet and I'm not all that eager to seek out for one.

    Thanks for the thorough review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, reading, and commenting on my blog. If you are entering a giveaway please make sure that you leave your e-mail address in your comment.

Contact Information & Disclosure Policy

Want to see your product featured here? Monkey Tales is a PR-friendly site. Please contact me at (contactmonkeytales@gmail.com) if you would like to see your product or service on my blog! We are always open to new things.

Please read our disclosure policy below for more information.

This policy is valid from February 1st, 2010

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact contactmonkeytales@gmail.com.


At this point in time this blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, this policy is subject to change at any time without prior notice. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

If you would like to see your product or service honestly reviewed and featured or to sponsor a giveaway, please contact us at contactmonkeytales@gmail.com