Summer time is made for swimming and having fun!!! Especially when the temperature here has been consistently 110 degrees outside so we basically live in the water. We have a pool in our back yard so I want my boys to be very comfortable with the water and know how to swim well. For the last month or so we have swam almost every evening so Monkey has gotten 100x better and more comfortable in the water. I was so excited when I heard from OpaCove about doing a review for them!! It was so hard to choose which life vest we wanted because they are all so stinkin' cute!
The first thing that I noticed about our Killa Whale life vest is how sturdy it felt and how cute it was. I just love the shark fin sticking out of the back and have gotten so many compliments on the vest. The vest is super easy to zip and snap closed and works better than I ever expected. It is sturdy and very well made and I can tell that it will last for a LONG time.
Sea Squirts Life Jackets have a sturdy fin on the back of them that is amazingly cute and very usable at the same time. It is great for using as a hand hold for if your child doesn't have the confidence to swim all on their own. The fin is made out of a durable neoprene outer with tech fabric liner. The life vest that we received is very nice and comfy against my sons skin and helps him swim so much! We got the life vest about three weeks ago and Monkeys confidence in the water has skyrocketed. Before we received this vest we just had a generic life vest that we bought from Sam's. It was nice but we did have trouble with it sort of tipping him forward so that his head would go under the water. With the Opa Cove-Sea Squirts Life Vest he floats straight up in the water and is amazingly better at swimming than he was before. I'm sure that some of his confidence has to do with the fact that we are swimming so often, but I know that some of it has to do with his amazing life vest. He will now swim around the pool without us having to holding him the whole time and jump into the pool without you having to catch him and letting his head go under water.
"In short, they’re built from top to bottom so kids can float happily through childhood."
- My son floats more evenly in the water compared to our old life vest and it gives him more confidence since he is not tipping all over the place.
- Amazingly cute designs-You can get you vest in Killa Whale, Blue Dolphin, Grrreat White Shark, Clown Fish, Pink Dolphin, and Angel Fish.
- The fin on the back of the vest makes it very easy for you to grab your kiddo if they slip in the pool and go under water.
- It has a very easy to use zipper which feels quite durable and looks like it will last for years to come.
- Jacket comes in three different sizes and is made to fit most kids.
-Medium: 23"-25" chest (30-50 lbs)
-Large: 25"-28" chest (50-90 lbs)
- The only con that I can think of is the price. I know that for most families $69.95 is a little much to pay for a life vest for your kiddo. If you are in the water very consistently it will work itself out in the end to be worth it just because it will hold up better and last longer. Also if you have a child that doesnt want to wear a life vest but still needs to . It might be easier to get your kiddo to wear this one since it has the fin on the back and makes for some super fun swim time! All in all the vest is a great buy and if you have the money to spend on it it is well worth the buy!!!
Thank you to OpaCove who provided us with the previously stated product/s at no cost in exchange for our review. I was not given any monetary compensation for writing this review. The product itself did not persuade my personal beliefs or views. I was under no obligation to write a positive review . The views and opinions expressed in this blog are purely my own and any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified by the above mentioned store, PR,or product designer. Others may have a different opinion on the same product but this is mine.