Wednesday, November 9, 2011

***BabyEtte Ring Sling Review***

As time has passed and I have "moved up in the world" when it comes to baby wearing I have realized just how many options there are out there to choose from. Back when I first had Monkey three years ago I didn't have a clue about baby carriers and just got one of the cheapo ones from WalMart (oh how I regretted that!). I soon learned that it was painful and not enjoyable at all to use so I just gave up completely on baby wearing. When I got pregnant with D I was determined to find a good quality and COMFORTABLE baby carrier that would work for me in every situation.

Up until recently I had mainly just used my BOBA and ERGO carriers. I absolutely love them but sometimes you just need something quick and easy to slip over your shoulder and run into the store or something that you can always keep in the diaper bag for if you ever need it. When Monkey was about a year and a half old I tried another brand of ring sling with him. It was ok but the thing that I hated was that it was SUPER skinny. There was never enough width to keep him secure and have the fabric all of the way up his back. I always had to worry about him falling out.If I pulled the fabric up to his shoulders it would slip out from under his bottom.
Up until a few months ago I was never able to fine a high quality sling that was super wide that I really liked.  And let me tell you what.......BabyEtte's slings are HIGH QUALITY. You can definitely tell the thought, time, and care that is put into each of her slings. The craftsmanship and quality is impeccable. BabyEtte is a family owned company that is run by Beth and her husband. Beth has been making slings almost as long as she has been baby wearing so she knows all that needs to go into them to make them safe and secure. All of their slings are made super-wide so that they are versatile and can be used with any sized baby. A super-wide sling is ESSENTIAL if you have a baby like mine. D loves to try to basically throw himself out of my arms because he thinks its fun. With my BabyEtte sling I am able to get the fabric up over his shoulders and have him to where I don't have to worry about him trying to throw himself back.
My sling arrived with perfect timing right before me and the boys were going out of town on vacation. We went down to visit the grandparents so it got lots of use going to the zoo and shopping around town. The thing that I love the most about the look of all of the slings that Beth makes it the pleated shoulder. You can tell that love and care is put into each seam when the slings are sewn. The pleats are very even and professional looking, the stitching is straight, and the ring is sewn in very securely so that you never have to worry about it falling apart.
Oh how I love this one......talk about gorgeous!!!
Ease of Use:  As with every baby carrier there is a learning curve. The first time that you put it on it will be a little confusing, but every time after that it will get easier and easier. I can tell when I am wearing my sling right because it is very comfortable and doesnt hurt my back. Also when I am wearing it right D is comfortable snug against my chest and the fabric is up at his shoulders so that he can't escape.  I can also tell when I am wearing the sling wrong because it is not quite as comfortable. Just loosen it up and get yourself adjusted then you are good to go!  Beth also includes very detailed instructions with all her slings with color pictures of how to get your sling on correctly and directions on what to do.

Fabric: This sling is made out of Batik Cotton and has aluminum rings. The fabric is 44 inches wide so that it is very versatile. There are also MANY different other fabric options to choose from.

Fabric Care: The awesome thing about these slings is that they are made knowing that they will be puked on :) The fabric is machine washable and you can dry it in the dryer. In fact, with the Batik slings the more use and washing that you do the softer it gets!
D snugglin' with Grammi
The fabric is oh-so-soft and very gentle on my little man's skin. The thing that I love about this fabric is that it is a high quality thick fabric, but not so thick that in the summer my little man will overheat in it. It is breathable so that he doesn't get sweaty but not so thin that the air just goes through it and he gets chilled when its cooler.

Measurements: The sling is 44" wide and 78" long. If you are petite, taller, or plus sized all that you have to do is let Beth know and she can customize it to your needs

Price: $58.00 Visit here to get your own!

Overall, I am highly impressed by this sling and Beth's work. It is oh so comfortable and so easy to use. If I needed another sling for some reason I would go back to BabyEtte in an instant. I would very highly recommend any of BabyEttes slings (or anything else that they carry) to every parent, grandparent, or even just for a baby gift. A good baby carrier is a MUST have thing!
 I bought this sling with my own money but Beth was awesome and gave me a discount for doing a review. All opinions expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, reading, and commenting on my blog. If you are entering a giveaway please make sure that you leave your e-mail address in your comment.

Contact Information & Disclosure Policy

Want to see your product featured here? Monkey Tales is a PR-friendly site. Please contact me at (contactmonkeytales@gmail.com) if you would like to see your product or service on my blog! We are always open to new things.

Please read our disclosure policy below for more information.

This policy is valid from February 1st, 2010

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact contactmonkeytales@gmail.com.


At this point in time this blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, this policy is subject to change at any time without prior notice. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

If you would like to see your product or service honestly reviewed and featured or to sponsor a giveaway, please contact us at contactmonkeytales@gmail.com